mardi 9 avril 2013

Nails tutorial with OPI: Shatter polish


I am going to reveal a secret: I stopped biting my nails on August 1st, 2008. So I have tried to take care of my nails since this moment. I started be interesting in nail art and particularly in easy way to delight my hands. First, I used some discrete nail polish. Then, I became confident and I tried assumed colors like pin-up red, pink or blue. By trying different nail polish, I discover an American brand called OPI. They offer more than hundred of colors what makes me crazy. Recently, they have created strange nail polish called "Shatter polish".

Shatter polish is a topcoat that shrinks when it dries to leave a shattered effect. It is applied on top of a classic nail polish. The shattering creates a pattern that looks like an animal print letting the base color appear through it.

Let see how to apply a shatter polish!

 You need :        
- a base               
- a top coat        
- a classic nail polish for using it as a base            
- a shatter polish            
- a polish remover and cotton swabs

What you need for applying a Shatter polish

Step 1: Apply a base on your nails. I used the “soin des ongles” by Sephora. Its price: € 7,50. Then, let it dry.

Step 2: Apply your classic nail polish as a base. That is the most important part: please wait for the base to dry! The nail polish I chose is called “Just spotted the lizard – NL M36” by OPI. Its price: € 13,90.

Step 3: Follow step 2. Clean the edge of your nails with a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover.

Step 3: Apply your base twice

Step 4: Apply your Shatter polish on a fast moving. Do not care about minor imperfections, you will correct then later. The shatter polish I chose is called “Black Shatter - NL E53” by OPI. Its price: € 13,90.

Step 4: Apply your Shatter polish on a fast moving
Step 5: Let the Shatter polish dry and look at what is happening. Clean the edge of your nails with a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover.

Step 5: Let the Shatter polish dry
Step 6: The Shatter polish dries matte so add the shine by applying a top coat on each nail. I used the “Start to finish – Base & Top coat” by OPI. Its price: € 22


Step 6: It's finished! 
As you can see, the Shatter polish is easy to use if you follow these simple steps. You can play with different colors and finishes for hundreds of different combinations. Have fun!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire